Sunday, May 11, 2008

My weekend with English

Hi there friends! ;)

Usually, I read and watch something in English. I'll show you what I had with English today:) I've been really interested in world histry since I was high school student. I've wanted to read books about world history in English. However, they seemed to be difficult to read the history books for adults. So, I searched the book for children in English over the internet. Finally, I found the text book for children in the US or some other English country.



↑This is the picture of the book cover↑




It has many pictures and illustrations, and it makes me understand easily. I try to read it without dictionary as I can. But anyway, I sometimes use my dictionary. There are some words I don't know, so I often think I need to improve my vocabulary. Well, when I finish reading this book, I'll try to read more academic history book for adult :)




↑This is the contents of the book↑




And, this is one of my favorite movies, "BRIDGED JONES -The Edge of the reason-". I think, some of you've seen this movie before. I saw this movie for the first time some days ago, and I did really like it. We can hear British English in it. It's quite different from American English. We, Japanese more often hear American English than British English. So, it's interesting for me to know the differences of the expressions between American English and British English. Well, one of my hobbies is watching movies, so I'm going to find more interesting things from movies in English! There are sooooo many movies in English and they have many kind of English. Then, I can learn more about English from them!




This is the DVD of "BRIDGED JONES"


Thank you for coming and see you next time! ;)

1 comment:

Kengo said...

I like that movie too. It is very funny and interesting.