Hellooooo! Everyone! XD How are you doing? Do you enjoy your Golden Week? Me, went to Ikkyuji Temple last Sunday. Recently, I'm really interested in the historical places like temples. So, I'll show you some pictures of it today :) First of all, I'm gonna introduce about Ikkyuji Temple. This temple is named after one of the famous priest in Japan, Ikkyu. Most of people in Japan know him because of his wit. For example, look up at the picture above. You can see "このはし わたるな" on the sign board. In Japanese, "はし" has several meanings. This case,most of us think, we shouldn't go on this bridge, because one meaning of "はし" is "bridge". but Ikkyu thought another meaning of "はし" which means "side" or "curb". So, he went on the center of this bridge and he could go to the other side safely. This is just one of his witty story. He worked so many times with his wit, and it was appreciated by the load. In this temple, there are lot of stuff concern with Ikkyu.
↑This is the statue of himself.↑
↑This is his garden.↑
I can't show you all of the things in this place, so if you have an opportunity to visit Kyoto, why don't you go there? :) It's gonna be great and you'll enjoy it!
Thank you for reading! Bye now!
9 comments:
Great blog posting. I will go visit Ikkyuji temple right now! Thanks for the nice pictures!
Hi!!Miho. Your blog is so good because there are many information about ikkyu. I am looking forward to your next blog!!
>>kappa dave
Yeah I highly recomend you to visit this temple! Actually, I visited this temple for the first time, and I was really impressed!
>>nakanakamuuura
Hey! Haha yeah I tried to put pictures as many as I can. Oh, thanks! I hope thet you'll enjoy my next entry!:D
I love Ikkyuusan. It's a very histrical brige. Many things he usedis remaining. What a traditional place it is!!
puja>>
o,u like Ikkyu san!? haha well u should go the temple! it's gonna be great;)
Interesting! I want tovisit the temple! Where is the temple?
>>yurino
thanks! the temple is in Kyoto!;)
These are very beautiful pictures.
Post a Comment