Tuesday, November 18, 2008

American Machanical Pencils

Hi everyone! Recently, it's been getting really cold, right? I love winter though. There's a lot of great event in winter like Christmas, A New Year's Day.. But! Be careful! Don't get a cold!! hahaha



The other day, when I was talking with my American friend in my psychology class, she grabed her machanical pencil, and she said, "Oh it's almost done. I need a new one!" I was so surprised when I heard it. I asked her why she didn't use refills, and she told me, "Oh, we don't use refills. We can get 20 machanical pencils set like 20 cents so we don't have to charge leads." In Japan, if you get a machanical pencil once, you'll use it until it doesn't work any more and won't throw it away right? And leads are gone, you get some refills don't you? That's a really interesting difference between American stationeries and Japanese ones! I got a picture of the pencil which my friends use.




http://asia.bicworld.com/japan/productenlarge.cfm?img=images/products/BIC Matic ClassicFull.gif

5 comments:

Natsuki said...

no way. its like waste of pens.

puja said...

oh great astonishment for me. mottainai

Toristan said...

I wanna see the pen.
I like strange belongings

Cana said...

omg!! not eco!!!! she should use it more!!!!
anyway have you ever listened MOTTAINAI song??haha

Chiro said...

I was very surprised!!
This is one of culture shock for me...
I think Americans should think about environment or echo more seriously...